How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My question concerns to music: I used to work with my mate,

This answer was rated:

My question concerns to music:
I used to work with my mate, I know that I made a mistake because we didn't sign a formal contract, we had a verbal contract. We worked together from 2006 until 2011, recording 2 albums, three maxi-singles and 2 videos. My friend who was the head of the project, in 2009 when we recorded the first album promised to give me 1,5 percent of each sold copy. We stopped work on 2011, and he never ever paid me any penny and till today the music is been selling on physical and virtual versions.
Is there any chance to achieve what I deserve if we didn't sign a formal contract?
I didn't give anyone copyright for my image and voice. I trusted him, but he acted unfair. Could you please help me to find a solution for my problem?
Thank you for your question.
I am a UK solicitor with a special interest in entertainment and media law. Can you tell me what your contribution to the projects were, what your friend contributed and whether there were others involved. A little more background would be helpful.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you