How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I would like a default removed from my credit file as (in my

Customer Question

I would like a default removed from my credit file as (in my view) my then bank caused the problem by making regular unauthorised withdrawals 2005-2007(to pay for non-existent PPI) without my consent, then defaulted the account in Nov 2010. Could such a matter be taken to court
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
The default will stay on record for six years so the matter is not out of date. The ombudsman should insist that the bank respond. However, usually, you can ask the credit agency to mark your file that the default was caused by bank error. In theory you could take this to court in order to recover bank records and to force them to provide and accounting to you but that would be very expensive where the default will come off within a year anyway.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.