How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Over ten years ago we re-mortgaged the house and gave £36,000

Customer Question

Over ten years ago we re-mortgaged the house and gave £36,000 to a debt management firm to negotiate on our behalf to our creditors. Despite several requests for a statement the company in question has so far prevaricated to the point where they do not return phone calls or emails. Could you advise me of the next step, Financial Ombudsman or solicitor or any other
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The Financial Conduct Authority regulates debt management companies and you should complain to them. See here for the complaints procedure
The FCA will be able to advise you if the firm is still operating and if so, what action needs to be taken against them.
All the best