How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My name is***** I visited London as a tourist

Customer Question

My name is***** I visited London as a tourist on 15 May 2015 and on 19th may I met with an accident and my patella/knee got fractured. I lay on the road after calling the ambulance but it arrived 2 and half hours later. I was admitted in the Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and was lying in the the emergency for 6 hours till the doctor attended me at 3 am London time and advised surgery which we clearly refused . The orthopaedic surgeon refused to come and see me in emergency so they decided to admit me. After we refused surgery there in London we wanted to get back to India as as we did not have logistics support and I had two 6 and 9 years. They could have easily discharged me from emergency after applying the slab and providing me with painkillers. Admission was absolutely unnecessary had the orthopaedic surgeon had come and seen me in emergency we put have straight away put our point through that we did not want any surgery. Still they made for my emergency treatment which is free. They made a bill of £2952 and sent a legal notice through Lovett solicitors.
If some one meets with an accident emergency treatment is free in UK as per NHS. Please advise
Contact no XXX
Sumita XXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you have travel insurance? If not, why not?