How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have given my tenant two months notice to leave my property

This answer was rated:

I have given my tenant two months notice to leave my property at the end of December 2015. I have quoted my address, his address but have failed to mention section 21 . I did not know about this. He shared with his friend and shared the rent of £750 per month. In his termination letter I said that I looked forward to receiving £750 for November and December as he was now the sole tenant. He said he would not pay fully for Nov as his friend was responsible for £375 of this for November as he did not give notice. This I agree with and was prepared to accept £375 for Nov
The thing is I have stated in termination letter I was looking forward to receiving £750 for November and Dec so letter is incorrect, Can I send an amendment letter stating
these facts and mention Section 21 and leave his leaving date to 31st December.
He is a very difficult payer and makes every excuse not to pay and at this moment in time has not paid for Nov and I don't think he intends to.
We have always had good relationship I have never increased the rent, his parents come to stay but he cannot cope with the full rent.
Also can I say his parents cannot come to stay in my house during Nov as he has not paid anything.
Than k you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are they both named as tenants please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you ring now or after 4 pm please 0118(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please note I am 76 years of age and am not very good on the computer. Not sure what I am doing Yes both tenants are on tenancy agreement. It has been changed from a fixed period to a periodic tenancy.
I will call after 4pm.