How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I currently own a property with an x partner,i have not

Customer Question

hi.i currently own a property with an x partner,i have not been in the property for 4 years, I left the house giving himtime to raise extra wage slips to take the mortgage on in his own name as this is what we agreed. in the meantime he has subletted the property without my consent, telling me lies I have no say in the house now. I have now went down the route of solicitors but he is putting clauses in etc, he has even changed thelocks on the house, to which his solicitor has totally not acknowledged,the house is sitting empty and what I can see is a total state inside and the gardens are like a junk yard! there is no insurance on the house as far as iknow, mortgage payments have now been missed. ihave kept the mortgage lenders informed even wrote to the council regarding the property getting rented out! I don't know what to do now am so stressed out by it all,should igo down the route of it going to court and how much will it cost? lisa Barclay
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi clare not sure how much its worth but there is 80,000 outstanding it was a shared equity house so we owe a company called persimmon 15% of the property when it sells or pay it back within 10 years, idont even have any paperwork regarding the house either
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Could you try Zoopla for a best guess on the value?