How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I voluntarily closed my ltd company as it was set up solely

This answer was rated:

I voluntarily closed my ltd company as it was set up solely as a means to pay me for a consultancy contract. The three months have passed and I was informed that the business was now closed. I tried to close the business bank account today and to my horror found that the government had already closed the account and taken all the money (@£6900). Companies House told me the only way to recover my money was to reinstate the company through the county court. I rang the local county court and they said they had never heard of such a process and I had better find a solicitor. Can you advise me? Have I got any hope of recovering the confiscated funds? I'm a pensioner on a very small pension and can't afford to lose this money.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you strike off the Company please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My accountant handled the closure process. I think it was struck off - which did seem rather drastic
Ok - when would be good to call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you call me now?