How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10949
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I have a de facto relationship. I left the house 6 months ago

This answer was rated:

I have a de facto relationship. I left the house 6 months ago and havent inform the GNIB, located in Dublin. However, I have a partner who is Irish and we live together. My relationship of 4 years didnt work therefore, I left the house. BUt didnt inform the autorities in Dublin. However, my boyfriend now is moving to England, I was granted a visa stamp 4 valid for 4 years, just in June. My current boyfriend asked me to marry him, but now I have this stamp which I dont want to lose because it gives me the possbility to work legally in a decent job.
How can I proceed?
I do not need tourist visa to stay in ireland.
My main question is,would the Irish Immigration, accept that I am no longer in a realtionship and keep the visa, or they would give me time to leave the country? On the other hand, my boyfriend wants to marry me, if I lose my visa, which is highly likely as this is part of the law, relation ends visa ends, but on the other hand I am in a relationship with another man who is Irish citizen.
Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1. In strict point of law, you need to be a de facto relationship for two years in order to get a new visa based on your new relationship. Alternatively, if you enter into a civil partnership or get married you will automatically get the new visa on the basis of that marriage or civil partnership. The other option is to merely say nothing until you have two years with your new relationship and then apply for a visa on that basis. Someone needs to inform the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service that the relationship on which the visa issued in June is founded, has ended. That is unlikely, unless your ex boyfriend does so. Be aware that you will only be given seven days notice of deportation. So basically your option are firstly to do nothing and hope your ex boyfriend does not seek the reversal of the visa with the INIS, secondly, enter into a civil partnership with your new partner, or thirdly, enter into a marriage with your new partner.
2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you