How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My question is My daughter is 19 and is at uni but lives

This answer was rated:

My question is
My daughter is 19 and is at uni but lives with her mum and works most days
When does my payment liability finish ?
I pay volinterily to her mum without the CSA interaction
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- has there ever been any court orders in place in respect of child maintenance?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No never any court intervention
I earn £44000 a year and pay £400 per month
Which was agreed between my ex and myself
Thank you for confirming that for me.
The Child Maintenance Service (new name for CSA) has Jurisdiction of there is no previous court order.
Maintenance is payable under the CMS until your daughter is 20 unless she is in advanced education. A University course is classed as advanced education and therefore you are not liable to pay maintenance any more.
Please do however be mindful that if your daughter needed help towards her costs eg Uni fees etc then she could in her out right make a Schedule 1 Children Act claim for assistance. Your daughter would have to make the application to court herself to do this. These types of claims are not routine - however I want to just bring this to your attention.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback gratefully received
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you