How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I was the victim in an R T A when my lorry was rear ended

Customer Question

I was the victim in an R T A when my lorry was rear ended pushing me into the cars in front this happened on the M I Northampton on 21ST MAY 2015 I have been off work since due to whiplash and not receiving any pay My solicitor has been asking the third parties solicitor roe an intrim payment for loss of income up to last week they were saying that I had hit one of the cars twice and may be slightly to blame and were not prepared to pay but yesterday they said that the file handler was on long term sic so they were dealing with everything strictly in date order leaving me with very little money and loads od debt. What can I do
Robin Ross ***********
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear Robin, Your employer should be paying you your usual pay whilst you are off sick owing to an accident at work. This is because an employer has a liability to his employee for all accident which occur during the course of his work. Pay must continue if the injury has been caused at work due to no fault of the employee. So here you should get your solicitor to get onto your employer and get sick pay.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not the case in the uk as it depends on the contract of employment my question was about third party solicitor with holding loss of income payment so your response does not answer my question
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. Dear Robin, apologies for not addressing what you wanted, however, there is no legal basis in law whereby you can force the third party solicitor to deal with the claim more expeditiously other than getting your solicitor to put down a motion in court seeking an interim payment of your loss of income. Essentially, that is the only mechanism whereby the process can be speeded up.