How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I made an order online in mid-August (rental products:

This answer was rated:

Hi - I made an order online in mid-August (rental products: poseur tables and table cloths and trays) for an event. Event was to take place end of September. I subsequently cancelled the order (the very next day) because I did not find the delivery charge reasonable. I was told a refund had been issued, and I can confirm that I did not receive the goods originally ordered.
I still have not received a refund (over 3 months later). I have called the company on a number of occasions but it is next to impossible to get through to them. On occasion, when I do get through to speak to someone, I have been told that the refund was issued, and that proof will be sent via email - but they never send an email.
I have called my bank - who have asked for proof that a refund was approved or issued, but the only proof I have is in the form of telephone conversations - the company has NEVER emailed me with confirmation of our conversations / the refund, I only received an automated confirmation email when I made the original order.
I would appreciate some advice on how I should proceed.
Thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much Alex - this is exactly what I needed to know. Two clarifications if I may:1. What do you mean by "set out losses"? I presume this simply refers to the total amount that I require a refund for? I don't think I can reasonably claim for anything outside of this amount (i.e. claim that additional amounts should be classified as losses). Unless I can claim back the amount I've just spent on this website(!).2. Does this "message" have to be via letter? Or can it be via an email where I receive a "read receipt"?Thank you again - I don't know why this information is not available on the Internet!
1. Correct the amount to refund.
2. Letter is better but if you have email which has a delivery and read receipt that will suffice.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Alex thank you, ***** ***** now.Many thanks, ***** ***** the advice!