How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

There, please can you help/advise? The csa defined in

This answer was rated:

Hi there, please can you help/advise?
The csa defined in May 2013 that my ex husband should pay £65 a week (264 a month) in maintenance for our daughter. This has never been reviewed as this is not standard for the csa and I did not think it was worth the small increases since then (for the sake of keeping things amicable.. Although I had to go to the csa as he lied about his income)
I have taken redundancy from my job, and have a new job close to my family. Given that I am moving 150 miles away, I have offered to do half of the driving for our daughter to see him, and have suggested that he sees her less frequently, but for her to actually stay with him twice as much time as he can have her for holidays and half term (so circa 90 nights a year instead of the 48 he currently has her).
He said that he feels he should not have to pay so much in child maintenance due to increased travel costs. I said we could discuss it, but I just checked my bank account and he has already cut it down to £132.
Question is:
Can the legal minimum child maintenance amount be reduced to allow for increased travel by the father?
Is there any consideration that I need to show him in regards ***** ***** moving away?
I had considered offering him to cut payments by £50 a month to cover the 10 round trips he will need to do each year.. As I will do the other 10 round trips... But am reconsidering that now.
What is my legal position on moving house in regards ***** ***** payments?
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
The legal child maintenance amount is not decreased based on expenses that the other parent has to incur to see the child. Legally, he would still be liable for whatever the calculated amount is.
However, as the nights spent with the father are increasing to over 52, there will be a reduction to the legal amount he has to pay.
If you provide me with his gross income per month, and confirmation if he has any other children in his household I can provide you with the amount he has to pay.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you