How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have bought some teak garden furniture from a company which

Customer Question

i have bought some teak garden furniture from a company which was and still is trading online. it has no showroom so we decided to pay cash on delivery. We wish to take the company to the small claims court and have sent three recorded delivery letters to their address on their website ( their delivery warehouse.)
All of them have been returned marked gone away. This appears to be a false statement and I note on the web several other potential claimants having the same problem
I have checked with Companies house and their is no such limited company as it is operating under a Trading Name which is on their invoices and website.
Other than the website I have no information of any other address.
Can you please tell me whether I can get a small claims court action against this "company" using their website / warehouse address in the knowledge that it will probably be returned "gone away". Any other suggestions welcome ???
invoivces and
evidence by
are still owed money for bnon delivered goods] re dstill oweed some money for
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Can you visit the address at all? How much is owing?