How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Im panicking at the moment as I suffer from Anxiety,

This answer was rated:

Im panicking at the moment as I suffer from Anxiety, I rented out a space 4 years ago and built a recording studio, Spending over £9000 on the build. My landlord wanted me out, which i left and then my mother later found out that i was moving out of this space and said she wanted the property. I left and my mother had been given a new lease by the landlord and she used it as storage. 4 months later she asked if i wanted to continue my recording business and i gladly said yes. the agreement was to split the rent cost of £560 (£280 each). now my mum has informed me that she struggling and that the landlord wants her out because we fell behind in payments. The landlord has seized the unit with my equipment and my mums goods and I have my clients works on the machine, friends passport in there. He said if I do come up with a payment now he would take my goods to a storage and charge me. he said he waivered my previous dept but is not threatening to take my goods. what do i do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have a lease?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did before my mum but now my mum has the new lease under her.. I cant afford the telephone convo.. it is a commercial lease but other people in the building are using there units to live
Does the lease allow right of re-entry if its not paid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure...
Ok, well you need to apply to the Court for relief from forfeiture. You need to complete a form:
The court will list the matter for urgent hearing and decide whether to grant relief and allow you to return and pay the debt at £100 a month.
That is what you need to do. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Once the form is filled in and sent to court. Is there a fee? would i need a solicitor?
Yes there is a fee. No you dont need a Solicitor unless you want one to help at Court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If i have a right of re entry.. what do i do?
I meant the Landlord right of re-entry. The Landlord must have that to seize the lease.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you very much.... by any chance do you know what the fee is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Alex, if he doesnt have re entry whats the next action
You still need to apply to the Court order for possession because he has taken it but you can sue for loss and damage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you so much for your help...