How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been lucky enough to have a scholarship and bursary

This answer was rated:

I have been lucky enough to have a scholarship and bursary from a private school for my daughter, she is now in her final year and want stop leave to go elsewhere for 6th form as our circumstances have changed. We have been offered 2 places at state school and another at private school (which we would prefer) for half of current school fees. However we did agree she would stay at current school until 6th form complete if we leave they are asking us to repay our scholarship percentage to let her leave. One of the reason I would like her to leave is we are struggling with fees so paying back is not an option, is there anything I can do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it a term of the bursary that she complete 6th form when it was awarded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have signed a paper that states; 'I receive this scholarship award in good faith that my child will remain at school until the end of year 13 (she is currently year 11) and understand if she leaves prior to this time, I will be required to pay back the full value of the award that has been received for each academic year that we have received it'
Thanks, ***** ***** news I'm afraid. If you signed something to say she would stay this is a contract. As such you are liable for the return of some fees.
Clearly if you don't have the money they can't get blood out of a stone and you should be honest with them about your position. But sadly you are liable.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you