How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A dating site had taken money out of my account,i phoned them

This answer was rated:

a dating site had taken money out of my account,i phoned them to cancel it;they said they could not give me back my money ,they took out 131 pounds,I was on a trial 6 months,I Had only wanted the 6months one,it was up in december,I said they could take a month off the money and give me back the rest,but they would not do it,that is a weeks penssion for me could you help me please,the site I was on is match,com,thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How did they take is, it credit card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do i get for the 28pounds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i get my 28 pounds back,
I have asked for more information
How did you pay
I need this before I give an answer,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
with my pay pal
How was that PayPal funded? By credit card? Have you raised a dispute through PayPal yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by a credit card,they said i would had to resolve it myself,
You should contact your credit card company. They are liable for any payments taken and breach by the merchant under s.75 of the consumer credit act 1974.
You should also write to match and ask for a refund at their U.K. Address which at 6th Floor, 55 Strand, London, WC2N 5LR, UK.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they said they would stop them taking out more money,i have just written to them,so going to post it,thank you for your help.
Happy to help.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you