How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1389
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My husband and I have been separated and has

Customer Question

Hi my husband and I have been separated for years and has lived at a different address and has no contact I work and manage my own finances etc how can I get a legal document to state this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
You need to prepare a Separation Agreement confirming the position. Although this is not binding on a court should you later divorce and deal with the matrimonial finances - the court will give high regard to the same.
A Solicitor will be able to assist you to prepare such an agreement confirming the agreement you have reached with your husband for around £200 - £300.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received