How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1432
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I recently moved house and the removal company broke a table

This answer was rated:

I recently moved house and the removal company broke a table and crashed into my fence. The guys were friendly and the company came and collected the table and repaired it. With the fence however I have called 5 times a week for 7 weeks and they have done nothing. What do I do now? What kind of solicitor do I need? I have an independent witness to this too. Please help
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- how much is the value of the damage?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am yet to get a quote but it was a galvanised reenforced fence as it is on a steep hill to prevent cars crashing down into the river, it is likely to be less than 5k and closer to £1000 so I didn't know if I just had to go to a small claims court or what my options really are?
Thank you for your response.
You are correct - it is a small claims case that you need to issue at court. If you want to have the assistance of a lawyer - then it would a debt recovery specialist that you would require.
First you would need to obtain a quote for the repair. Then send a letter to the Company marked Letter Before Action giving then 14 days to put this right.
You should request that they send a copy to their insurers.
If you still don't a response. They you can issue a claim online using this service:
If the defendant does not reply to your Claim within 14 Days, you can ask the Court for a 'Judgment by Default'.
You can then also seek enforcement in respect of the monies owed.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback gratefully received
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you