How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Barclays have closed my account with £15,250 and I want it back.

Customer Question

Barclays have closed my account with £15,250 and I want it back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want my money back
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
So what is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The payee is tired going to the bank and frustrated, now is my problem since she has paid me. And not welling to be involved again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get the funds from Barclays
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I am really sorry but that isn't a realistic expectation.
They are entitled to investigate and under a duty to do so. I imagine they have received some form of allegation of either fraud or money laundering and they have to investigate that by law.
If it carries on beyond the investigation period then you could always seek an injunction or sue for the actual value of the funds. Probably, given the sum in question, there wouldn't be much difference in price in either action.
You can always complain to the Banking Ombudsman if they don't act swiftly or they act inadequately.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have investigated the issue at stake, sent me my final statement and a letter telling me make alternative arrangement for my money. I got to the bank and the advisor told me my money has been removed by Barclays.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
That would suggest an adverse finding then.
They should have explained that in the letter?
You can always sue but they will probably defend on the basis of whatever reason they have offered for this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is your best advice, because they must be satisfied before I was sent the letter for money
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
It depends on the issues in the case.
I haven't heard their justification for this.
If their account is a good one then suing would just involve throwing more money at a legal action.
If it is not then it is probably a good idea as you could recover.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank u
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.