How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My friend has been accused of sleeping with a girl when aged

Customer Question

My friend has been accused of sleeping with a girl when aged sixteen but since the rumours have changed this to when she was 15, she lives not far away with her mother an father, the police have never been called or has he ever been interviewed or arrested,
nor the mother or father have questioned him about this, this happened 5 years ago an from that time to now, he has been labelled a paedophile, he had been living there for two years after the allegations but had about a year away elsewhere, an on his arrival
back to his area finding now the rumours allegations have been spread across the city, people are perceiving him as a paedophile more rumours words in the street shops etc, the police have been informed of his situation, he has limited funds renting, what
would be the correct course of action an and what should he do in these circumstances?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What is he hoping to do?
To achieve what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's hoping to clear his name how can he achieve this? He thought national paper? The police have now acknowledge he has been blamed for something he hasn't done an are looking in people who have started the rumours, would he be better just moving away an starting a new life? Or can the people who spread the rumours be held to account?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No, absolutely not.Surely he has committed the offence though?