How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My solicitor has been acting in a family law matter,

This answer was rated:

My solicitor has been acting for me in a family law matter, to help me get access to my children after they were abducted by my wife. I have been paying his invoices, now i'm not able to pay this invoice until after the 15th December. I have made this clear to him, so he is now refusing to help until I pay him. He is endangering my case and asking me to continue as a litigant in person?
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Is there any urgent work to do before 15 December or any hearings coming up? Unfortunately it will be standard policy with most solicitors that all invoices should be up to date before work can take place or continue.
Also, as the issue is in relation to child abduction has your solicitor undertaken a legal aid eligibility assessment for you?
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Hi, this question remains open. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
If you found the information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you