How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have moved from Lancaster to Newcastle into ' Sheltered Accommodation'.

This answer was rated:

I have moved from Lancaster to Newcastle into ' Sheltered Accommodation'. The removal firm hadn't sent a Van large enough to take all my belongs!!!!
Lancaster City Council are demanding a ' clearance payment' of £434.00.
How can I claim from the removal firms insurance?
I have the original contract, and demanding letters from Lancaster City Council.
Truly I am 82 years old with Alzhimers and I cant get a local Solicitor to help.
Would/Could you PLEASE help or advise? PLEASE.
Leo J Rowett
Raby Way
Newcastle upon Tyne
Mobile ***********
PLEASE HELP ( Thank you).
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write to the removal company and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you