How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would like some advice about a Anglian contract which

This answer was rated:

Hi, I would like some advice about a Anglian contract which we cancelled within 14 days of signing. We are cancelling be caused what they promised when signing is not what they can do. They have took no mess aments for any fittings yet but they are saying we may have to pay 25% of the full cost and are not going to pay us our deposit of 1494.95.
They are saying we only have 7 days to cancel but the contract is not clear on this and states both 7 days and 14 days. We canceled by recorded delivery and email plus a phone call.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The law allows you 14 days to cancel under the CONSUMER CONTRACTS (INFORMATION, CANCELLATION AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES) REGULATIONS that came into effect in June 2014.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Do you need additional help on the phone?