How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Today I was in small claims court as the defendant, the

This answer was rated:

Today I was in small claims court as the defendant, the claimant did not attend...sent an e mail to the court asking the judge to act on her behalf, the claim was dismissed ..can she re present the claim or is that it...this is the second time she has
tried, both times failed
She could try to get the judgment set aside but it is not likely to succeed.
If she has done this before then a court would be not by sympathetic to her position not least because she seems to have given permission to carry on without her.
The only other option is for her to appeal but then she has to show grounds.
I wouldn't worry.
Can I clairfy anything for you?
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She e mailed the court and asked the judge to make a decision on her behalf,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can she try again?
Well, she could. It won't get her very far but people do make applications without merit sometimes.
I cannot imagine a judge would be sympathetic.