How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

So my ex has tried to turn my recent ex against me telling

This answer was rated:

So my ex has tried to turn my recent ex against me telling him to take my child away from me and saying some very slandering comments about me. Is this something I can legally stop. Not only is he try to do this he's also creating false allegations against me to professional people! I believe he is also try to poison my sons mind! Can someone please help surely I can not be treated this way!!
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Can you confirm that the person you are making this allegation about is the father of any of your children or you were cohabiting with, or have had a personal relationship for a significant period of time with?
Please also confirm how what arrangements there are for your son to see/live with you and between him and the father.
Once I have the above further information I will be able to provide you with further details regarding this issue.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My children are to two fathers, my eldest child is 12 and lives with his father. We have a child arrangements order which states that, the child is to advise when he would like to visit me and then it should happen, among other things that he is to contact me every other day.My youngest child lives me with and I have now rescently separated with her father.The father of my eldest child is making accaustions of abuse which has not happened. He has made these for years but every time it has been looked into it has been dismissed by social services. He is now saying that it has been proven I have physically abuse as well as sending other slandering messages to my youngest child's father. He's trying to influence him to remove the child from my care. Both me and my youngest child's father get on well enough for him to make me aware and send me the messages.My problem is can he continue to drag my name through the mud it's so upsetting and distressing! He is also not stick to the court order that we agreed upon.I can not afford to drag it through court again and it's upsetting for the whole family however I need to know my options as this is not good for either of my children.
Thanks for the confirmation. If previous allegations have been dismissed by social services then further accusations will only be taken softly when reported.
I think the best course of action is to instruct a solicitor to prepare a warning letter requesting him to cease his accusations and contact with the father of your other child - this could amount to indirect harassment and he has no reason to be in contact with him.
If the court order is not being complied with then you need to consider making an application to court for enforcement. If there is a warning notice attached to the order this can be done under form c79 to the court that issued the previous order. If there is no warning notice attached you will first need to apply for that under form c78.
Please let me know if you need further clarification or have any further questions about this.
Please also rate my answer positively if you found it helpful.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help, it's answered my question perfectly.
No worries, please do come back if you have any questions in the future. You can ask me directly here: