How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

My house was repossesed I missed payments of 3100 which

Customer Question

My house was repossesed I missed payments of 3100 which I can pay back as the money never stopped going into the bank I just became very depressed and ill. Due to this I didn't open mail and moved out to a friends house,after a period of time I went back to the house which the locks had been changed and the bank had repossesed the house. It has not been valued as yet so this has just happened the bank has said I can pay the 30000 still owing on the Morgage or go back to the court and apply for a new hearing as I never knew of the first hearing to to my illness . As for any other options a family member has offered to loan me 15000 I have around 5000 and a steady income
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Has there been a court order made against you? How long were you in you friend's house and how many payments did you miss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes court order made and house repossesed but bank told me to go back to court for new hearing becouse I wasn't living in house at time, I owe 3000 back payments and owe 30000 on house loan to buy outright. I have been in my friends for about 10 months which I can prove as no electric or gas been used and mail still in house from some months ago
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
OK, well setting aside a possession order should be possible in this case but you need to get legal advice and representation from a solicitor in the normal way. You should also make a payment to clear as much of the arrears as you can as soon as you can. I must admit that I am astonished that a possession order has been made when you are only £3,000 in arrears and so near to paying off the mortgage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for replying I have just been in touch with shelter wales and seeing where that takes me too but thanks you so much
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Shelter are excellent. Good luck with them.