How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My parents drafted their will some years ago. My father has

This answer was rated:

my parents drafted their will some years ago. My father has subsequently developed dementia and my mother has power of attorney. I have a bad relationship with my mother - can she now unilaterally change the will to dis-inherit me?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYour mother cannot use her Power of Attorney to alter your father's Will - but of course she can change her own whenever you wishPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello Clarethank you for your reply.Could I ask for some clarification please? Your answer seems to apply when there are two separate wills but my understanding is that there is only one joint will.if this is the case, how does your answer apply?What is the situation were my father to die before my mother?Thank youJane
It would be unlikely - indeed in these days almost negligent to have a Joint Will since it cannot be changed by either party at this stage unless your mother makes an applictaion to the Court Of Protection for permission to do so - which you would have to be told about
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you