How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A road is marked as a no through road at both ends although

Customer Question

A road is marked as a no through road at both ends although it is not.
At one end the road has curb stones making it one vehicle wide for approximately 50 meters. There are no right of way signs on this stretch.
The residents of the road (6 houses) would like this end of the road permenantly closed.
Are there any reasons safety or otherwise we could ask for this road to be closed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether there have been any accidents there within the last say 10 years?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes lots of accidents including a fatality
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Then you can ask the Council to close it off. If they refuse then you should write to the Chief Officer of the Council and ask. That department will consider the complaint and report back to you. If they do not agree with you, at that point you can then complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They are free, independent and can consider any complaint for free at:
The final thing is to seek a Judicial Review if they refuse and that would involve getting a High Court Judge to consider whether the Council have acted reasonably and legally. A Court can agree with the decision or remit it back to the Council for further consideration.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: