How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Customer Question

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is it that you would like to know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was just asking for a refund as I didn't receive a response instantly as it said I would.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ex lives in USA, I had my son in USA but I'm British National
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son lives with me since he was three months old, my ex and I are not together anymore and were never legally married
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish to establish a uk custody over my son I order to pursue child support from my ex in Texas USA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot afford legal fees and hope to represent my self with an McKenzie friend.As my ex dies not live in the UK, can I be exempt from mediator?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How old is your son and how long has he been living in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's 13 years and I brought him back since age 3 months. I had him there due to a car accident I was involved in whilst visiting on holiday
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You there?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
So he has lived here for 13 years?Has his mother ever paid maintenance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Claire are you still on line?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am his mother, he's father is the issue. Are you a uk solicitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm finding this conversation a little frustrating as I'm not getting the right responses after providing you with all the information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I have not received any response to my late queries not answers to my questions I'm dirty to say I'm not satisfied with your service provision and will therefore request for a full refund.Thank you.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
We are all working solicitors and of course sometimes other things need to be done in the evening
My apologies for misunderstanding the position
has his father ever paid maintenance - if not what action have you taken in the past to obtain it