How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If the parking spaces in a converted house are used for

Customer Question

Hi, if the parking spaces in a converted house are used for decades by the original 6 flats, and spaces match the number of flats and are used as allocated, but without any legal mention in the post-war deeds, and then another part/block is built decades later and tries to claim one of those spots, can they do so on the basis that parking is not mentioned in the original flats' deeds, nor in the newer blocks deeds? This is a flying freehold building, not leasehold.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to say that when I was purchasing my flat in 1999, the information provided to me from the association for the main house, mentions that the parking on the drive is for a limited number of residents of the main house (by mentioning its name). It also mentions seperately that the other later "cottages" as they are called, are not part of the main house, and pay reduced subscription (about 25%) for access to their gardens/upkeep of the communal garden that they overlook etc. It is not specified further what they pay towards.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nicola, Its been 3 days since I asked and I would have thought someone would have answered by now if they wanted to. Please cancel it and I will search myself for a specialist land barrister.
best regards
Adele Ottinger