How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a registered chiropodist/podiatrist and have some 25 years

Customer Question

I am a registered chiropodist/podiatrist and have some 25 years traded as THE Stilton Foot Clinic. About 2 years ago a friend said that she would like to be a chiropodist, she attended clinic with me for some months and then did a foot health practitioners course run by the SMAE organisation in Guildford. This is 2 weeks practical and an ongoing theory side. She worked with me for some 5 months then she had problem with her boy friend and left the practise for some 2 months. Next I hear that she has got back with her boy friend and started up a foot business in his garage without telling me. The original deal was that as she worked in my surgery I supplied every thing and I would get 25% of her takings. My compliant is she calls herself the STILTON FOOT PRACTITIONER she is not HCPC registered and this confuses the public to the difference between a registered medical professional and one who has had the proper training. What do I do. Derek Vickers M.Ch.S HCPC Reg Ch17980.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Derek,
I would advise you to refer the matter to your local Trading Standards as they are able to take action against your friend for misleading the public.
May I help further?