How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Is there any legal way of getting defaults removed from

This answer was rated:

Hi, Is there any legal way of getting defaults removed from my credit file? All debt has been settled and I no longer owe anything.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you accept that the entries are correct please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they are correct - unfortunately a legacy from my student days!
Are they defaults or Court Judgments?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Its bad news I am afraid - unless they agree there is no legal way. You can write and ask them if it has been some time and say its affecting your credit - its a matter of discretion for them.
But in any event after 6 years from date of default they will drop off your account.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry about the answer- Its exactly what I expected! I just wanted to fully confirm with an expert!I might try writing to them and hopefully they will be lenient- it has been about 4 years. If not I will just use the next 2 years to save a bigger deposit for mortgage!Thank you so much for your help- its really appreciated.Kat
Indeed, I am sorry Kat.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry- its not your fault and Im really grateful for the advise!It won't let me leave a rating- can you send a link??
You should be able to rate by clicking a smily face - try again now and if mot let me know.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you