How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My daughter was attracted by her partner and was put in prison

This answer was rated:

My daughter was attracted by her partner and was put in prison for eight weeks ... How does she stand with the dog as he acquired the dog just before they got together by taking it away from someone else that was about eighteen months ago, she moved in with him in the January of this year, she has taken care of her throughout that time and while he was in prison.. Now he wants her back... She has been chipped to him.... My daughter feels he's attacking her again. During his attack on her he also held the dog up by her throat threatening to kill her and has omitted this. This is totally destroying my daughter, to lose the only thing that has kept her stable is now also being threatened to be taken from her.
Please advise...
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a way she is able to keep the dog ?
Did he give it to her or loan it to her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He went to prison and he was I formed that the dog went with my daughter.. It would be Either that or the dog pound
Ok. Then if in effect it was gifted then she can keep it. She does NOT need to give it back. The only way he can get it back is with a Court order which will be very expensive for him.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything we can do to ensure we can keep her.
We have had his mother sending texts wanting to collect what would be our best plan of action, we haven't acknowledged her. Do we do nothing. As she isn't registered to us what effect will this have..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He will say on loan till he got out..then how do we stand ?
You don't need to do anything, he needs to show it was a loan and get a court order.
It's in his hands, you hAave the upper position
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry last question how can we get the ( chip ) ownership changed because the street warden said we'd need a letter from him to change over and there is no way he will agree to that..?
You may need a court order for that, but you can get it,
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you