How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am an Acct in Ni and a client of mine owes me £6,000 inc

Customer Question

I am an Acct in Ni and a client of mine owes me £6,000 inc VAT. He signed a letter of engagement some years ago, and up until now I have never had any problem. The bill is as a result of a tax inquiry by HMRC which spanned over 2 years in duration, the outcome of which was very favorable. He now refuses to pay. I can take him to Small Claims Court but the max I can recover is £3,000. HE has appointed a solicitor (who rang my office), so I will prob bring a solicitor along too. I have threatened small claims action but have not yet started any action. My Q is should I go to small claims and be limited to recovering £3k or bigger court and suffer associates costs. I am not sure what the level of these is. Negotiation between us is unlikely as he has appointed a new Acct to act for him once I had closed the inquiry and sent out my final bill. Regards Marion
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello Marion my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you would like to know about this please?