How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3845
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am a 50% shareholder in a ltd business that has one other

This answer was rated:

I am a 50% shareholder in a ltd business that has one other 50% shareholder who is also the sole director. We have fallen out and we are in litigation for various reasons. The company was always based at a service office X. I have just seen on companies house that he has changed the registered office for the company to another office in a different town. My question is; should he have notified me as I own 50% of the business where he has moved premises without notifying me.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Technically filing a form AD01 at Companies House does not require shareholder approval.
However changing the registered office is a management decision and technically he should have made the decision with you as a board resolution.
That said failing to pass a board resolution is potentially a breach of director but the sanction you can obtain is not really Of any value. You can use this kind of conduct as evidence of perhaps systemic and continued breach of director duties.
Is there any way you have suffered loss or damage?
Kind regards
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you