12826847

What are the fixed penalties road traffic act section

what are the fixed penalties for the road traffic act section 3
Hi. Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was involved in a minor bumper to bumper collision with no actual damage to either car . I nudged the car in front and the other driver said she would inform the police. They sent me a prosecution letter under section 3 of 1988 act. I have not had a reply to my defense letter yet.
Did you refuse your insurance details or something?
Im not sure why they want to get involved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I GOT OUT TO SPEAK TO THE OTHER DRIVER AND SHE WAS ON HER PHONE. she said to me ' you threatened me' WHICH WAS NOT THE WAS NOT TRUE. BECAUSE OF THIS I RETURNED TO MY CAR TO HOPE THAT SHE WOULD SETTLE DOWN. SHE THEN SAID i'm waiting for the police.
WE WAITED A FEW MINUTES AND THEN SHE DROVE OFF, SO THERE WAS NO OPPORTUNITY TO EXCHANGE ANYTHING. I INCLUDED ALL THIS IN MY REPLY TO THE POLICE
Ok.
Did you make a report to the police within 24 hours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO i did not but I did apologize for this when I replied to the police. Sorry to appear neurotic but can you confirm that our very necessary communication is within the £48 fee already paid.
thanks
You will need to email customer services about that on***@******.*** as I am never involved in that but they can do that for you.
I would imagine they are more likely to charge because you didnt stop and report rather than because of the accident. Had you done so they would have said this was a civil matter.
S3 carries either 3 -9 points or a ban but it will just lead to 3 points.
Failing to stop and report carries either 5- 10 points or a ban.
They would probably accept a plea to driving without due care though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANKS JO, 5 STARS FOR EXPERTISE. ***** *****.
No problem.
All the best.