How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Very long (years) breakup with her husband. He has finally

Customer Question

Very long (years) breakup with her husband. He has finally moved away to Dubai, leaving her with mortgage and bills to pay which she simply cannot afford. He is refusing to pay anything. She is distraught and terrified. Where can she get fast and accurate advice bearing in mind she has no money.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor and can provide information regarding this matter.
Please would you provide the following further information:
1. Has she pursued a divorce;
2. Do they have children, and if so their ages and who they reside with;
3. Is she working/receiving any income;
4. Is there any equity in the property and whose name is ***** ***** in;
5. Who has been meeting the mortgage and outgoings for the last few years.
Even though the husband has now moved abroad, if she is habitually resident in England & Wales she can pursue a divorce and application for financial relief here. Papers will need to be served on the husband in Dubai and he will need to engage in proceedings. If he does not, the court can make sanctions and less favourable orders against him.
Please provide the information requested above and I will be able to assist further.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.