How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have just finished with the solicitor I was using due to

Customer Question

I have just finished with the solicitor I was using due to conflict of intrest in a case over negligence on behalf of my ex landlord, We have exchanged witness statements & disclosure, I have given my belongs for testing as they were fire damaged, I this process the District Judge had made in his order that the otherside (defendant) could not do anything to my belongings without my permission, I have received proof from them that infact they have took things apart and tampered with it without my permission, is this tampering with evidence
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry did you see the question?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Yes but it doesnt ask a question, it sets out history.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry the question mark is missing at the end for some reason? If the defendant has sent evidence that they have disobeyed the judges order and took apart of the evidence & now claiming a few of the items weren't there and have not returned the items on the date specified in the judges order then, is this tampering with evidence? & also is that a criminal act? and is this cause to have the defendants counter claim struck out?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Its not a criminal act no, its just ignoring a Court order. You can ask that the Counter claim is struck out but thats unlikely.
Unless the Court order said something like: Unless the D retains the evidence and does not tamper with (x,y,z) then the counter claim shall be struck out - then it wont be.
You can bring it to the attention of the Court and the Judge can make adverse inferences. But you can ask that it struck out but it probably wont be.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: