How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Basically I am a full time student of law actually 2nd

Customer Question

Hello, basically I am a full time student of law actually 2nd year, I have 2 children and one on the way with my partner. He has been living in Dubai for the last 4 years which is the duration of our relationship all of my 3 kids are his. He is divorced from his ex wife and has one child with her. He has court ordered spousal support and child maintence all in place for last 2 years. He has never changed it even after having these 2 kids with me and supporting me being a student. However he has now changed job to a lower salary but he is "based in Korea" as s pilot and doesn't intend to pay tax here as he is within the limit. I also get the full student nursery and fees paid etc. The ex is saying that if he wants to reduce it he will have to go back to court and they will also look at my financial situation too what I get, student loan, nursery, child tax credits, child benefit.. Is this true can you tell me what kind of situation we would be looking at?? Sorry I haven't covered family law yet! Cheers, jenny
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Just to check - was the existing order made in a UK court?Clare