How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71055
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need an expert on Mental Health Orders. I have just been

This answer was rated:

I need an expert on Mental Health Orders. I have just been discharged from a section 2 order I feel I was was maneuvered into by my wife who is a medical legal expert in mental health. I would like to avoid a section 3 if at all possible now that I have managed to regain my liberty.
I am relieved to be out and peaceful but concerned about my lack of expertise here.
K. Ram
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had some sort of stress related illness for the week commencing Nov 30. I agree in general that the symptoms are similar to hypomania. I feel I experienced a schism in my mind that day as I finally gave up on my wife and failed my children.
I fell apart. My friends helped me pick up the pieces. I came home and organised a family meeting. A dozen of the family sat down and came to the conclusion I needed help. I sought help at Harley Street but wanted to choose another doctor. I didnt realise that I was still too ill to take control of any situation and caused a disturbance by my agressive behaviors butr never hit anybody. I was then enticed back into*****whilst pleading with my wife and brother in law to seek help with another more suitable doctor. They persuaded me on the basis that my wife wanted me to go with her to get sleeping pills.I relucntanly re-entered the building. I was immediatly detained and put under section 136 by the police.
It proceeded to Section 2. I managed to get discharged from s2 on the basis I would meet a Dr at the Priory privately.
Once freed I returned home peacefully to be re-united with my children. My wife chose to take them to her mothers which she was calmly allowed to do and now I am at peace alone at home. I fear the possibility of an s3. I feel I need to retain professional legal and medical advice of the highest quality as my wife seems very frightened of me and claims psychological harm. She is very good in her job.I am no match in legal/medical matters. I have agreed to meet with the Dr tomorrow. I need to know how I avoid getting put under a section 3 please.
Well, there are really no magic wands. The doctors will assess you to see whether you meet the criteria. If you don't then they should discharge you off section.
The fact that your wife is making general allegations is a non issue. The issue is whether or not the medical professionals are of the view that you meet the criteria under S3 which is not made out just because you may or may not be a threat to your wife. If that is an issue then she has to use the criminal law or better still leave the property herself.
If they have discharged you from S2 though then it is quite unlikely they would put you on S3. They don't do that generally if a person is co-operating and can be trusted to co-operate. The only reason they would do that is if you stop taking the medication or allow your circumstances to decline.
If they do you can always appeal to the tribunal or to the managers.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I feel I am not correctly diagnosed. NHS prescribed quetiapine which I stopped taking on the second day due to serious side effects. I did not let the medical team know that I was spitting them out. They then proceeded to feed me an assortment of drugs at will without my consent or understanding of the negative indicator or side effects.I saw a trainee about to be qualified psychiatrist once on the 6th day of my incarceration. The doctors insist that using an anti-pychotic drug with serious side effects is suitable for a patient for whom the Doctor have found no pyschotic symptoms.This is the first instance I lost control in 46 years, There are also possible complexities with similarities on the autism scale around about what was previously used to be called aspergers. I feel that I have had these manic and asperger like tendencies since childhood and see others with these abilities in my family. My boss at Credit Suisse has said my job is open and has faith in me. I do not want to be persecuted by my wife as the sole reason for our relationship issues by any means possible. I have come out of a very sticky situation.
I am keen to keep control of my condition using the same techniques that have served me well for my entire life.
I will see expert treatment but prefer to use cognitive behavioral therapy or any alternative to the non-consensual cookie cutter pharmacological approach experienced recently. This method was counter productive in my view and only served to increase my anxiety levels.I will visit the GP first thing. NotI am over the stress and now accept that we may have to separate for the sake of the kids.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My circumstances have improved greatly and will continue to do so as I take it easy on the road to recovery using the best methods available. Please do call me at your convenience anytime tonight.ThanksKanti
07903 676545***@******.***
Do you want me to call? It will rack up the cost to you and we can deal with this online if you prefer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
money is not an issue. please do call. 07903 676 545 Kanti
Reading now?
Sorry, that should have read ready? Is it too late?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you could find a few minutes tomorrow then please txt or phone 00447903676545 or email***@******.*** just to touch base and wrap up.
I can do now briefly?