How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49816
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Bought 3+2 seater sofas and wingback chair last week on Ebay

This answer was rated:

Bought 3+2 seater sofas and wingback chair last week on Ebay for £979.00 sofa company now say it was a mistake and should have been £1279.00 and want us to either not have wing back chair, pay another £300.00 or be refunded. They have now corrected the price on Ebay but we feel it was their mistake and should honour the purchase price that we bought for. ???
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you make the full payment when you made the purchase?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
R U still there?
Hello, the key here is whether a legally binding contract had been created. On ebay this would usually happen when you make a purchase by following the buying process and complete payment. So you could argue that because they had advertised the item for a specific price and you had accepted that offer by making the purchase and paying that a legally binding contract had been formed. So in these circumstances the seller would be expected to honour that contract and fulfil the order by sending you the items you had purchased. If they do not, you could argue that they had acted in breach of contract. The issue here is that they cannot be forced to send you the items and if they refuse to do so and for example issue a refund all you can do is sue them for the difference in getting the same items elsewhere for a higher price. Whether you wish to go as far as court to do this is a matter entirely or you but that would be the only way to get anything out of them for failing to honour the original agreement. Hopefully by exerting some pressure, mentioning breach of contract and potential legal action, you could try and persuade them to work with you but if that is not possible then the above would be the only way to take the natter further. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you