How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Myself and my MRS have two joint properties. one investment

This answer was rated:

Myself and my MRS have two joint properties. one investment property and the second the home we are living in. My MRS is not able to keep up with her share of mortgage repayment lately . so she decided to transfer her share on my name. How do I proceed
? do I need a new mortgage ? please advice.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** i shall do my best to help youHow long have you been married and why do you need to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
17 years been married and its her decision since she knows wont be able to keep up with the repayments and best in interest of our kids.
But it will not make any difference to the situation - unless she is likely to go bankrupt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she is not going bankrupt . its just new arrangement between myself and my MRS.
If you decide to do this then you will need either the consent of the Mortgage company or a new mortgage so your starting point is to ocntact the mortgage company
However do be are that she will still have the right to a 50% share of the property in the event of a divorce and doing this will not change that
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you