13262538

My former partner is on benefits and is pregnant. I am

Hi, my former partner is on benefits and is pregnant. I am bipolar, and have part time income of £8,000 a year plus £12,000 unearned income a year. We are not marries, and have never cohabited. I have quite considerable inherited capital (say 200,000) and I own my own small house in Hammersmith. Please say I will get through this, and give me a rough idea of how much I will have to pay per month?
Thank you very much, Nicholas Roynon
Hi NicholasThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstI have to ask - are you sure that the baby is yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We will have dna test, but I am 98% sure she is my baby.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, she is schizophrenic (in remission maybe), and came off the pill, as she has admitted to me. She is thrilled to be having a baby.
Are Social Services likely to become involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am certain social services will be involved. We both have psychiatrists, but I am living independently.
We met in hospital, and she had a previous baby at Aberdeen University by someone else that she had to give up.
Nicholas.
HiIn the event that the baby remains with mum your liability for child maintenance will be 12% of your income from all sources - less if you have the baby in your care for more than 52 nights a yearYou will get through this - but you will also need to consider what contact if any you want with the baby
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your time and for an answer that I find fair too. Also for encouragement!
You have set my mind at rest. Nicholas.
You are most welcome and I hope all goes well