How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71038
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My car was slightly damaged while I manoeuvred but the cost

Customer Question

My car was slightly damaged while I manoeuvred but the cost of repair was £880. No third party or other vehicle involved. I contacted my insurers RAC Insurance by phone and said I wanted to claim. The call was taken by a poor speaker of English and after taking details she informed me I have to ring another number and repeat it all. I decided to write a letter on 24 Nov. with full details of claim. No reply has been received. I am not going to waste any more time on the phone. How can I get them to take action?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I'm really sorry but I am not going to be able to give you good news.
You are perfectly free to claim of course. If your insurance extends to damage of this kind then you do have a claim.
However, you do have to report it to them and a request that you phone a different number which was probably the claims line is a reasonable one.
If you don't call them then you can't force them to act at all.
You could complain to the Ombudsman but probably they would tell you they are not at fault because you haven't reported it in the prescribed way.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality.
Can I clarify anything for you?