How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10777
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My brother was left a quarter share of half of my parents house

This answer was rated:

My brother was left a quarter share of half of my parents house in my Dad's will, with the proviso that my Mum who retained a 50% share could live in the house as long as needed. My brother recently passed away ( after my Father but before my Mother ) and my Mother has removed his name from her will. What will happen to the share my brother was left in Dad's will. My parents had mirror wills and were tenants in common.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Your Brother's share in the house passes in accordance with his Will, or if he had not made a Will, it will pass to his next of kin, in accordance with the Intestacy Rules.
This is because he was alive upon your Father's death, and therefore the share passed to him, subject to him of course allowing your Mother to remain living in the property.
I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you