How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husbands income is approx. 1400.00 pcm

Customer Question

Hello, My husbands income is approx. 1400.00 pcm
My " " 6549.00 pcm both made up of retirement pension and works pension.
We married in Oct this year and I had £600.00 housekeeping from him on Oct which increase to £700.00 in Nov. This meant out of my income I was heavily subsidising the payment of bills. I was left with just enough to pay personal bills,amounting to £100.00. pcm. I do have access to a joint a/c in both names, but I do not draw from it. Now he says He is seeking a divorce after we have been married for a year. can I draw from this joint a/c to put into a "my name only" a/c to aid me for any requirements, because I can't save out of what he gives me, I am destitute. Sheila
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
As it is a joint account, legally you are both able to draw and deposit into the account for any purposes.
Please could you confirm the figures again. If your pensions are £6549 per month, what are your total outgoings each month to make you destitute?
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively so that the question can be closed.