How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was removing a window when I noticed it was asbestos surround

This answer was rated:

I was removing a window when I noticed it was asbestos surround inside and outI stopped and called my bos! He said get on with it it's not asbestos!
I wrapped up my tools and went home! The following day I was sent back there and told by him again it isn't asbestos, and to stop going on about it and get the job done! I went back to the job and had another look! I was convinced it was asbestos so
I then went and had it checked, result was (chyrsotile) he then pulled me off the job and instructed other fitters to remove the window and cut the asbestos out without any training,they had left it all over the floor and hadn't cleared anything! he hasn't informed the client of the house or informed other workers that are working there, unaware of possible contamination! Do I have grounds to sue him?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What loss have you suffered please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lost half a days money and my enjoyment to work for him as his duty of care to me and the customer is out the window
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am stressed about the situation and it has been playing on my mind causing me to loose slept
You could only sue for the loss of half days money, nothing else as that is your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your help has been fantastic! I don't think it's worth chasing the little amount of cash! I think I'll just whistleblow as his idea of dealing with this is unacceptable.I hope you have a lovely christmas and new yearThank you