How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife sale our house without my consent and transfer money

This answer was rated:

My wife sale our house without my consent and transfer money to hers daughter si september 2014.How can I claim my part of the money,as we just started divorce .
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWho actually owned the house and why were you not aware of the sale?Where is the divorce taking place?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have both the house 2002,married 1997,I was in USA when my wife started arranging the mortgage so I wasn't on it..I've transfer'd her 20 k. for the deposit.As soon as I'v come back started complete rebuilding and extension ,approved by Wansdworth borough counsil.Till 2008 we have lived happily there.Started Business in Bulgaria, first small family but it turn into Medium size corporate hotel hotel business .Been more physically active I always stayed away from paper work. This caped my on dark for
my wife's side afer's, Seling house,starting divorce finding younger boyfriend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sending you an Agrement for sale
Which country has the divorce been issue din?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid that legally your wife has done nothing wrong in the UK.
The property was in her sole name so she was entitled to sell it
You will need to deal with it as part of the financial side of divorce in Bulgaria - if the divorce was in the Uk then the UK courts could and would make her account for the funds
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you ,even I'm not very hapy.Would that meen I can't pretend for a share of a flat that was bouth on "buy to rent" mortgage also on hers name even matrimonial rights are registered after the sale of the house.
Which property did you register Matrimonial Home rights against?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's appartment ,not the house.Still the mortgage is at my wife's name.Rented out. 15 Wallis Close, Hope Street, Battersea, London SW11 2BA If that help
But you have registered matrimonial home rights on it?How far has the divorce reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just started.Haven't been to court yet
Will the Bulgarian court deal with all the financial assets?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would think so
The property that you have registered your rights against cannot be sold without your agreement - or until the Final Decree is issued and the Bulgarian court will deal with it as part of the financial settlement
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you