How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The statement on the internet gov site says my mother is entitled

Customer Question

The statement on the internet gov site says my mother is entitled £23,250 saving for her self. The social services are saying that they can take £1 per month for every £250 over £14,250. She is currently in a care home and Government have taken every penny from her for care bills. Now there chipping away at her savings.
In my management course law book it looks like this is misrepresentation statement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Just to be clear if the website was wrong and she wasnt entitled to the benefit because of the saving, would the position be any different that is found now?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your question.Which web site are you referring to as I cannot find one that doe not make it clear that it is only when the savings drop below £14,250 that ALL costs will be covered?Clare