How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35091
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm male. I've had the ex-partners new fiancee at my door just

Customer Question

I'm male. I've had the ex-partners new fiancee at my door just now threatening to to destroy everything I have. I opened the door thinking it was my ex-partner and he tried to barge his way into the property.
Luckily, I managed to close the door enough that he couldn't enter the property but he had his foot wedged in so that I couldn't close it properly.
He was threatening that if I go near my kids (that stay with him) or go near his partner, then he will destroy everything I have and threatened that he would kill me if I opened the door.
Obviously at this stage I was quite scared and was holding the door with all my will. Eventually after reaching out I managed to grab my phone and tried ringing the police but he ran off.
I didn't ring in the end as I was scared of the repercussions and scared that he might come back another day.
In this case, would it be worth reporting this or is it pointless as there's no proof/evidence this happened?
He's been at my property before and tried kicking the door in of which he left a footmark as was arrested for criminal damage.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further details firstWhen was the last incident?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was ALSO an incident about 1 month ago where he came to the property with the ex-partner and blocked me from leaving the street with his car. I rang the police on that occasion but there wasn't anything they could do as technically it's not illegal to be outside my property in a vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess the no response means that there's not much I can do.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
Has this person been given an harassment warning by the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was not, no.The first incident was given criminal damage.The second time, when he stopped me from leaving the street, they couldn't say/do anything as him being outside the property wasn't breaking any laws.This time, I have no proof he was here.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
It is fair to say that there is little that the police can do about the latest incident now BUT actually I would report it and ask for an harassment warning to be giveneven if they cannot take action on the threats to kill.All of it helps to create a history of his behaviour which may be useful in the futurePlease ask if you need further details